Do it right the first time!
DCS- Technical Sales Account Manager (Illinois Territory)
This position is responsible for creating end user demand, building relationships with Chicago/Illinois area customers (current and potential), and achieving sales goals within a given territory. Products and services are related to Low Voltage cabling for Voice/Data/Video design/build solutions as well as Wireless, Fiber optics and IP Camera systems. This position will focus the majority of time with end users, consultants, infrastructure IT professionals and manufacturer representatives. This position will focus on generating end user sales for DCS Low Voltage services and Toshiba/OpenEye CCTV sales/service solutions to enhance and build upon our current success in the Illinois territory. Illinois PERC card and or Illinois Alarm license a plus. www.datacommsales.net
1. Develop an annual sales plan in conjunction with corporate sales and budget goals.
2. Develop strong relationships with end users, IT integrators and other IT professionals.
3. Be responsible for territory sales goals and profit center.
4. Conduct technical, sales, and product presentations.
5. Where possible, establish DCS as approved and preferred vendor of choice.
6. Further develop the technical expertise necessary to sell DCS services.
7. Conduct on site surveys with clients and present proposals.
8. Provide timely service and support to DCS customers throughout an entire project.
9. Maintain field intelligence on competitor’s activities and new product developments.
10. Collaborate with Regional Sales Manager on sales activity.
11. Collaborate with field engineers and technicians on new and ongoing projects.
12. Report activities of the sales territory on a Weekly/monthly basis to the Regional Sales Manager.
13 Serve as the DCS point of contact for end user accounts.
14. Serve as in territory technical product expert for DCS products/services.
15. Certain specialists will be required to manage a sales territory size up to $3 million.
Skills and Abilities:
• Must have the ability to learn technically complex products, demonstrated by prior experience in a similar industry
• Must have outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Must have excellent presentation and negotiation skills
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Must be able to communicate with every level of an organization from top level executives to field personnel
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree(or equivalent) required; technical degree strongly preferred
• 4 – 8+ years of experience selling Low Voltage/Wireless/Fiber/ IP Camera products or comparable experience selling similar products in the IT industry
• Must have a high level of technical expertise and/or multiple years of proven experience in a highly technical industry.
• Illinois PERC card or Illinois Alarm license a plus
• 5% Travel out of state
For more information, please send your inquiry to:Info@datacommsales.net